PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)®
This course has been fully accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and covers the content required to approach either the CAPM or the PMP level exams. The course is designed to give exposure to best practice project management and a full understanding of the knowledge areas and process groups defined in the PMI’s Body of Knowledge. The content discusses terminology, tools and techniques and extends to provide a deeper perspective, facilitating an understanding of the reasons for their use as well as the benefits of doing so.
What Are the Benefits of this Program?
Projects are constrained by three things – Time; Cost and Scope. Being able to manage and deliver Projects within these three constraints gives benefit across organizations
This program delivers so much. Ultimately, it can help to maximise the bottom line through better delivery of projects, it can help increase profits and maintain competitive advantage. Managing projects better than the competition leads to better client retention, better brand value, more business wins and a better reputation. Having Project Teams using standard methodology, tools and procedures maximizes the cross-company communication, knowledge transfer and lesson-transfer.
At an individual level, knowing how to manage Projects effectively and knowing best-practice process has enormous benefit. You will be recognized as one who can deliver Projects that reach expectations, one who can be trusted to handle the more complex projects and one who is a critical part of the team.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Participants completing this course will be able to:
• Navigate the PMI Body of Knowledge.
• Learn to distinguish between knowledge areas and process groups.
• Recognize the inputs and outputs associated with each of the PMI processes.
• Use and create Project Integration Management deliverables including planning for success.
• Plan for and manage the Project Stakeholder Management process.
• Define and manage Project Scope effectively.
• Produce estimates and develop a schedule to properly undertake Project Time Management.
• Create a budget and measure performance to implement Project Cost Management.
• Successfully identify and manage Risks and issues.
• Understand Project Quality Management.
• Provide effective and appropriate Communication within project management.
• Understand how organisations and projects are structured.
• Understand Project Procurement Management.
• Use principles of Human Resource management to implement leadership & teamwork.
• Evaluate the contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered.
• Understand governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies.
What Content is Covered?
The following content is covered within this course:
• PMI® Project Methodology
• Project Integration Management
• Project Stakeholder Management
• Project Scope Management
• Project Time Management
• Project Cost Management
• Project Risk Management
• Project Quality Management
• Project Communication Management
• Project Procurement Management
• Human Resources Management
How Long Is This Course?
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for project managers, project team members, other managers and all those who would benefit from exposure to best practice in project management. From an organizational perspective, all project directors, manager and team members should be aiming at achieving this standard.
Existing project managers keen to experience best practice as defined by the PMI who may wish to sit the CAPM or PMP qualifications.
New project managers looking to add new weapons to their project management armoury.
Project team members who wish to better understand the responsibilities and activities involved in project management.
Project team members who wish to progress into a career as a project manager.
What Materials are Included in This Course?
PMI PMP® Reference Manual
Exam Revision Workbook
CAPM Handbook (if appropriate)
What are the Course Delivery Options?
Classroom (open course);
Is this accredited by the Project Management Institute?
Yes – fully.