PMI® Project Management Online Module – Context
This module defines what is a project, a program and a portfolio; and the relationship between all three. It introduces the concept of governance and business value. This course has been fully accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This module is designed to give exposure to the contexts surrounding a project
What Are the Benefits of this Module?
Understanding context in Project Management is a crucial element in delivering a successful project. Very rarely do projects live in isolation. External factors and the influences of wider programs, business needs and governance issues directly affect how success is measured and how successful a project is after it is closed out.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
This module provides a basic overview of the context within which project work is completed. It is based upon Chapters One and Two of the PMBOK® Guide.
By the end of this module you will be able to explain:
- The meaning of the term “Project”.
- The purpose of Programs, Portfolios and their management.
- The relationship among Project, Program and Portfolio management and organizational Project Management.
- The relationship between Project Management, Operational Management and Organizational Strategy.
- The concept of “Business Value”.
- The organizational influences on Project Management.
What Content is Covered?
The following content is covered within this course:
- What is a project?
- Organizational Project Management.
- Operations Management.
- Business Value.
- Organizational influences on Project Management
Who Should Attend?
This series of short courses designed to up-skill or refresh knowledge in specific Project Management subjects. Each short course earns seven Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU points. Whether you are looking to update your knowledge and skills or to increase your competence in a wider context, this program gives great professional benefit.
Gottfredson and Mosher (2012) identified 5 moments of learning need:
- Learning for the first time.
- Learning more.
- Remembering and applying learning.
- Learning when things change.
- Learning when things go wrong.
These short courses provide a perfect way of enabling you or your teams to access bite-sized chunks of information that is applicable in each of the 5 moments of learning need.
What are the Course Delivery Options?
Is this accredited by the Project Management Institute?
Yes – fully.