Introduction to Project Management (APM Project Fundamentals)
This fully accredited course follows the syllabus and requirements of the Association for Project Management (APM) Introductory Certificate. The APM is part of the global International Project Management Association (IPMA). The course is designed to clarify and explain the basic aspects of projects and project management. It will provide understanding of key project terminology in order for participants to gain confidence in a project environment. It will also provide a solid basis of knowledge to consolidate existing project team members’ understanding as well as provide an excellent first perspective to those new to the project environment.
What Are the Benefits of this Program?
Gaining an understanding of the life-cycle that projects typically take is of enormous benefit to so many people. Of course, if you are new to Project Management, or are thinking of pursuing a career in Project Management, then this is the ideal place to start learning about it.
Getting the basics right at the start will make life easier for you and those around you.
At this level, the course is all about learning terminology, definitions and the overall process that projects follow. From conception to close, there are standard phases that a project must go through in order to be successful.
All staff who come into contact with Project teams, especially those who are in support functions, will get benefit from knowing more about what the Project teams and Project Managers are talking about, what the pressures are in certain situations, why things are happening in a certain order and what the end goal is. In addition, knowing how success is measured is critical to being able to do a good job!
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Participants completing this course will be able to:
• Understand project management and the operating environment
• Discuss the project life-cycle
• Perceive the management structure by which projects operate
• Perform project management planning
• Utilize project scope management
• Produce a schedule and use resource management techniques
• Identify and manage risks and issues
• Understand project quality management
• Improve communication in the project environment
• Understand principals of leadership and teamwork.
What Content is Covered?
The following content is covered within this course:
• Project Management and the operating environment
• Project Management Planning and Project Success
• Quality Management
• Scope Management
• Change and Configuration
• Risk and Issues
• Scheduling and Resource Management
• Communication and Information Management
• Teamwork and Leadership
How Long Is This Course?
- 2 Days
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those new to working in projects, or non-project staff who wish to gain a basic understanding of the project environment and project management terminology. Among others, the following people may find this course particularly useful:
- Staff who interact with project teams
- People who are considering a move into the project environment
- Project Managers with an interest in best practices as defined by the IPMA
- Project team members interested in getting recognized Project Management qualifications
What are the Course Delivery Options?
- Onsite Delivery
Call us to learn more about which option is best for you or use our REQUEST A FREE QUOTE form.