The Dealing With Difficult People™ workshop is an engaging onsite training seminar that provides concrete tools for handling challenging interactions with staff, customers or suppliers. By better understanding causes of difficult behavior and the resulting reactions, participants learn to anticipate & prevent conflict escalations.
By exploring how people differ in their needs and perceptions participants can approach difficult situations with a calm & positive demeanor. Participants also learn to focus on productive results in relationships rather than on challenging elements of the interaction. Through a deep exploration of attitudes, tools and strategies for working productively with all types of people, each participant grows in their professionalism, poise and productivity.
- Learn to Understand Causes of Difficult Behavior
- Discover how to anticipate possible conflicts
- Explore how changes in behavior prevent conflict
- Expand personal power for effective conflict reduction
- Create an attitude of positivity
- Learn how conflict escalates
- Understand how to de-escalate conflict
- Develop a mutual-gains strategy
- Operate from R.E.S.P.E.C.T.™ model for success
Who Should Attend the Workshop
- Senior Executives
- Middle Managers & Supervisors & Team Leaders
- Line Staff
Every participant receives a copy of the Dealing With Difficult People™ Participant Workbook which includes exercise sheets and handouts.
One Day Training Workshop Options
The Dealing With Difficult People™ workshop may be offered as a one day training program. Contact us for more information about scheduling a workshop or to discuss your organization’s communication training needs.